Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 4 and 5

Well, we are still on recon missions, except with class mixed in. Sorry for not keeping up too well with what is going on. Flybys are difficult to write about! Our flybys on Friday were actually pretty laid back- we got a choice between going to the Tate Britain (not Modern) and going to Regents Park, near King's Cross, or both. The girls I went with decided to just go to Regents Park. Unfortunately, King's Cross is closed right now (for renovations?) so we didn't even get to visit. The park was really nice though! I think I like Hyde/Green Park a bit better though. It was nice to get to just sit, instead of running around constantly; well, for an hour at least. Before the flybys we had our first classes. It really was just syllabus work, but we got some projects assigned and it ended up taking the entire morning. That evening, we all went grocery shopping. While we normally get breakfast and dinner here, we don't on Saturday. 

Saturday, today, was a bit delayed. It ended up being "art supply" shopping day. One of the girls and I went to a shop, (F. Cornelissen) that was really amazing, probably the best store ever. It was exactly like Olivander's, except with art supplies! I ended up breaking down and getting a nice set of pastels :) Anyway, we all had to go into town for it, which is fun but time consuming. I'm actually getting pretty good at navigating the tube, not that it takes a lot. It's actually really really easy. While walking back, Karen and I ended up stopping at Portabello Road. It was a lot of fun! I've had the song from Bedknobs and Broomsticks stuck in my head all day. The scenery doesn't look much the same, but the principle is exactly alike. I tried to get myself to work on an art project this evening, but I'm having a hard time really dedicating myself to school just yet. There are projects I want to work on, but they aren't necessarily the ones I need for class. If I can figure out how to post pictures (which is why I haven't btw) then I'll post my projects once I get finished.  We all finished off the evening by going to Wagamamma, a really good faux Asian food place. As far as food goes, it was pretty darn good.

At this point, I really should be asleep, so good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment